11.21.2007

cute as a button


Hooray! Erin's baby shower on Sunday was a complete success. {And this is just warming up...I'm excited to plan the next shower for my SIL Katie next month!!} In keeping with the invitations' little catch phrase, the shower's theme was Cute as a Button. I am strongly convicted that baby showers, especially prenatal baby showers, should be all about the mom. I love the idea of having a supportive, social, grown-up luncheon to celebrate mom and get her set for her upcoming bundle of joy. I love showers that are less about wrapping toilet paper around bellies and baby bottle drinking contests. ;) I'm pretty happy with how our mix of girly baby pink and grown-up girly class turned out. Above are the favors: I simply glued yummy over-sized buttons from Britex onto magnets. (Thanks for the cute idea, Marta!)

We asked all of the dear guests to bring a baby picture of themselves to share. I whipped up this little display board out of a superfluous picture frame sitting around + leftover invitation supply paper from Paper Source. Rows of plain jane string created a clothesline effect with mini wooden clothespins {Sigh, my latest crush!}.

I'll admit things got a little baby overload with these Pampers cake centerpieces! With 6 of these, Erin will never, ever have to buy diapers. At least for a few weeks! :) *Love the idea of reusable decor!* Around the diaper cakes, I scattered loads of pink and white buttons from the stash. (Way cuter than confetti!) Double duty: The guests used the buttons as bingo chips for our little game! Before Erin opened her gifts, everyone filled out a blank bingo card with different baby items. When she opened something on someone's card, they put down a button. And well, you get the just. ;)

And now for the icing on the cake: My co-hostess, Ida, aka culinary-extraordinaire-puts-Martha-to-shame, made real CHOCOLATE LEAVES to garnish this simply scrumptious frozen dessert. Heaven. Truly.So congrats, Erin! I'm so happy that you received such darling little things for your new little princess + a lifetime supply of girly gift bags. I can't even wait to meet her!!

4 comments:

casey said...

everything looks so great! i love the theme, and that dessert looks amazing!!

marta said...

adorable. way to go! the photos are sweet too. looks like a major success.

Leslie said...

this whole party is DARLING!
seriously, putting back in the memory and those buttons look strangely like my cute new button..

Chelle said...

a seriously, seriously amazing looking event. I agree with both darling and adorable as words to describe it. way to go, Jessica!

oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to you...enjoy your road trip and wedding!