10.21.2007

busy hands


Hooray for a craft-happy weekend! There's nothing that keeps me more content than having busy hands. I am super excited to be able to plan a church baby shower for Erin {our pastor's wife}, and of course whip out some handmade invites for such a special event. When I happened upon a tiny, darling button stamp at my local Paper Source, I had instant inspiration: The shower theme is Cute as a Button. Fun, huh? Can't wait to post pics of the affair itself!
Thankfully, I forced myself to keep the invites super simple, since I'm making mass quantities!
A new adventure for me in paper-crafting: envelope liners. They're so easy to make yourself, even without purchasing special templates. (I just peeled apart the envelope and traced myself a pattern.) Don't you think liners make everything 10x more fancy-schmancy?

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Okay Queen of Craftiness, I am going straight away to find one of those cute as a button stamps for they are just exactly what they read. Excellently done. The fancy schmancy evelopes are pefection as is your choice of paper. Love it all!

casey said...

perfect! I love the "button" theme. And the envelope liners are great!! Can't wait to see more, good job!

Fairlightday said...

Love the invitations! Adore the envelopes with the inserts! Too too cute!

marta said...

wow. this photo makes my mouth water! i love all the crafty things. and you're right.. a lined envelope starts the event off perfectly! way to go.

ps. we did this same theme for a shower once too. we glued magnets on oversized buttons and let everyone take one as a favor!