12.17.2010

christmas salsa

Remember that one time when I peeled 1,000 tomatoes, cooked, and canned my first-ever batch of salsa? I'd never made salsa in my life, but I had high hopes of passing all those pretty little jars along as Christmas gifts. Fast forward a few months and most of it has disappeared from my cupboard. What can I say? We have Mexican at least once a week, plus I have a husband who loves to munch. (The Christmas cookies have fallen to the same fate.) For the dozen or so that were spared from our own bellies, I spent a few minutes gussying up with pretty paper, tinsel wire, and jingle bells. They're officially good for giving and too cute {for us} to crack. Merry, Merry.

8 comments:

bethany said...

jess, there is no better way to bring back the pipe cleaner than this! so adorable.

swell.life said...

thanks! naphtali gave me a whole spool of that stuff. how lucky am i!? it's pretty much my favorite thing ever right now!

Jenna Lou said...

Too cute. I think just about anything in those jars would be a welcome gift.

bethany said...

lucky duck. i need to have naphtali over so she brings me sweet crafting supplies... ;)

Melinda said...

Very pretty! :)

Cassie said...

What a great idea, love the dinky little jars.
xx

Bridget said...

IMPRESSIVE

Libby said...

cute!