3.12.2008

vitally {unimportant} information

I've been tagged by the thoughtful, lovely Chelle to share 7 of the most random bits of my life. I'm a little slow in posting, but you know what they say...


1. I'm a closet video-game junkie. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in a house full of 4 boys + a dad. I especially excel at racing games like Super Mario Kart and Bubble Bobble for the original NES system. I even know some of the short cuts in Mario Kart and enjoy schooling my little brother. These days, I'm also a huge fan of Wii Sports. Just look at my zoned out face in the pic above. That explains everything.

2. I looove chocolate chip cookies. They are one of the finest chocolate-deliver devices known to man. They are my ultimate weakness. I just baked some today.

3. One habit I'm proud to have picked up since marrying Jeff is the gift of frugality. I used to tease him that he was the cheapest man alive. Cutting your own hair and buying generic Mac & Cheese? Come on! But now I've embraced the cheap life. Of course I'm totally still guilty of the occasional indulgence, but I get a total rush from clipping coupons, taking the muni {bus} to alleviate the pinch of the pump, and just plain not buying things we don't need. I'm too cheap to subscribe to beautiful periodicals like Martha and Real Simple, so I read them second-hand after my mom's leafed through her copies. :)

4. If you can't tell by the color of my hair, I'm a complete ditz. I might have been a stellar student in H.S. and college, but nevertheless, I'm a complete ditz. As you can well imagine, I've made some pretty classic moves and remarks in my day. Like asking a friend {who has a twin brother} if twins ran in her family when her big sis gave birth to twins. Like forgetting my wallet last week when I went grocery shopping and not realizing it 'til the checkout line. Then flying home to get my wallet while the ice cream in my cart melts and my milk sours, only to realize that I also forget the keys to apartment. Like getting a flat tire and flattening my little bro's tricycle in the driveway all within one week of earning my driver's permit. Classic.

5. Creamy-white is {currently} my favorite color. I love white painted trim, white towels, and white chocolate.

6. I've been bit by the travel bug. Bad. Tonight at dinner, Jeff and I made tentative, hopeful, potential, possible plans to head to Europe next March. I'd also love to check out Russia and do a little mission work in India or Africa some day...

7. If I could be any Disney princess, I would be Sleeping Beauty. Hands down. Aurora rocks and I always love, loooved the scene where the fairies fought over which color her dress should be. Pink? Blue? She was a goddess no matter what.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Loved this.

You are seriously adorable.

And although I know nothing about video games, I am a fellow ditz. It's not as noticeable now that I am a Mom but I still have those occasional ditzy moments that prove deep down who I really am.

Leslie said...

hehe. I get glued into bubble bauble fairly frequently, even beat nick at mario kart the other night... Love those red shells! :)We could convert Chelle...

Love this list Jessica.... love it. So fun!

Anonymous said...

You took my disney princess... I called her way back in preschool when I was aurora and you were cinderella... JUST KIDDING! I never knew that about you and I'm excited to have a buddy who adores Aurora the way I do... Did you see Enchanted yet?!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Have you played RockBand on XBOX? I'm not a big video gamer, but this game is so much fun. Kind of like guitar hero but with a group of 2-4 people, you play together as a band. So fun! You should try it!