9.30.2007

living a little

Friday: for the first time in a lifetime, err, a long time, Jeff and I randomly had coinciding days off! It was such fun to live life at turtle pace: Sleep in, eat Cheerios, run, relax, then spend a lovely afternoon painting the town! For awhile now, I've been collecting names of shops and places to visit in this little notebook. (I always find/see/hear of great places scattered throughout the city, but don't always have ample time to make special trips to visit each.) Alas--The perfect day to run around, hitting all the charming places on my wish list! One of my new absolute favorite places in the city is the Union Street Papery. The collective shops on Union are delectable enough, but this place is a diamond among jewels. It's overflowing with gorgeous ribbons, original letterpress, stamps, stationery, everything! Plus, the very kind clerk gave me the skinny on a great place that offers letterpress classes here. I am signing up ASAP! :)

Love bugs: I adore the classic look of these newish baby-blue VW convertibles. There is just something about the blue and black color combo. I spot them all over the city! I always liked VWs, but I've never felt this passionate about them before. I am in love.

After hearing lots of buzz about Lisa Congdon's work here in SF, I decided that it was high time to hop over to CandyStore in the Mission to check out her art show for myself. (Jeff was so disappointed that it's not actually a candy store. Just an adorable shop full of hand-crafted goodies, art, adorable clothes and home accessories.) Anyway, Lisa's new Rare Device store is opening here in October. *Adding it to my list!* To get a great intro to Lisa and her successful design career, check out the fun interview here.

7 comments:

Chelle said...

Okay, I am coming to visit you. S.F. sounds so spectacular!

Megan said...

"(Jeff was so disappointed that it's not actually a candy store. Just an adorable shop full of hand-crafted goodies, art, adorable clothes and home accessories.)"

Hahaha, aww, Jeff is such a sweetie!! I miss you tons and tons Jess! I am, however, loving Milwaukee and the job. When do you start in the peds CV?

Mucho love! Megs

casey said...

first off, i love your new SWELL blog header!! it is lovely! how did you make it? I have been wanting to make a new one for me.. you have inspired me!
i have only been in san fran for like 4 hours, on our layover going to hawaii for our honeymoon... i love seeing and experiencing it through you!!!
(I answered your paper/invite question back on my blog, under the comments...)

Fairlightday said...

I'm with Chelle! I want to visit S.F.! It looks like so much fun. I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time together. Your little package is going in the mail today! :)

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I think you need to take me to these places when I come to visit :)

casey said...

also, i am so jealous of your pending letterpress classes!! keep us updated on that! can't wait to see what you make. i wonder if there are any classes i can take in the Houston area? hmmm...

alyssa said...

What a fun Friday off with your hubby! SF is such a fun and romantic city!