4.25.2011

happy easter eggs!

We just stepped in the door after a really fun weekend visiting my parents! We had an epic parenting fail on the trip: Shortly after we arrived, we realized we'd forgotten G's little suitcase, including his cute bow tie and boat shoes! Thankfully there was still time to grab him some new duds before the stores closed on Saturday. It was really no big deal in the scheme of things. We still had an awesome time celebrating Jesus' victory over death with our family! Here are a few of our pics from the day--oh and G and I dyed these eggs together! It's so fun that he's beginning to get interested in fun holiday traditions!
Sunday morning Graham woke up saying "Happy Easter Eggs!" How cute is that!? After church + a giant family meal, we enjoyed one of the best warm-sunshiny afternoons so far this year, perfect for bringing the party outdoors with an egg hunt + lawn games. Graham did a great job tracking down all of the eggs in the yard, once grandma kicked in her handy egg-GPS services.
I used some scrap fabric to make mini Easter baskets for all of the cousins. I added felt handles and rick-rack, then stuffed them with pretty pastel rock candy and taffy!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

that first egg photo is breathtaking! sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Reyna Meinhardt said...

Oh no! What a good Easter story, I'm sure your laughing about forgetting his suitcase after its all over! A great story to retell!

Your pictures are adorable! And I love how bright your eggs are!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Love all your Easter eggs! Looks like a lovely weekend. It was one of my favourites this year so far!

shannon said...

Ah the egg photos are so beautiful!!! I can't handle it. There's nothing I love more than pretty dyed eggs. I'm doing the rainbow thing next year.

Sharon said...

LOVE your Easter eggs-beautiful!

Amanda said...

It's so nice that G knows what is going on with holidays and that he is excited about it!

I have to agree with everyone else too--you have the best dyed egg pictures! :)

Regina of Live Delightfully said...

Aww... that sounds like such a wonderful weekend! Your photos are fabulous and I've never seen prettier eggs... job well dyed! ;)

Regina of Live Delightfully

Melinda said...

I love the rainbow picture!