5.30.2010

count down 'til farm chicks!

In just 3 days I am flying to Washington to help my friend Becca with her booth at Farm Chicks! For those who may not be familiar, The Farm Chicks Antique Show is a weekend-long event that features hip vintage finds and handmade goods by some seriously amazing vendors. The show is a huge deal and has direct ties with the editors of Country Living & Where Women Create magazines. I'm so excited for the opportunity to see Becca's new business {Wanderlux} off on its maiden voyage at the show. We will be at booth #127 in Bay 1, so please, pretty please, come say hi. I am so giddy. I feel like I am getting ready for summer camp. Off on a trip to meet some new friends, soak up some inspiration, and learn a ton. So much for Memorial Day fun in the sun...This weekend I have been a busy bee, holed up at home, finishing up a whole bunch of projects for the show. I just had to break away to share a sneak peak at a few of the things I've been so feverishly working on. Above is my latest batch of fabric banners, incorporating dozens of vintage sheets/linens. The colors make me so happy. It's official: Doilies are not dead. They are just look way cooler dyed.

Below I put a few of my fabric flowers to use decorating vintage embroidery hoops. I love that one of them says "Myrtle" on the inside:
Above: Recycled jelly jars, stuffed with colorful ribbons and mostly vintage sewing notions; destined for your craft table.

Below: Pretty painted egg cartons. Soon these will be stuffed with our collections of baby goodies (socks, antique spoons, wooden blocks, etc.) and will be making their way to a baby shower near you.
P.S. Thank you all so so much for saying such kind words about our house. I'm still waiting for it to sink in--it still feels too good to be true. We are crazy blessed and just overwhelmingly thankful that God has--in one gal's words--dropped this home in our laps. Once the dust settles later this summer, you're all invited over for tea and crumpets served over a vintage table cloth. xo

8 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I wish I were in Washington! How cute are all of those crafts!

{Jenna Lou} said...

oh my gosh. Have fun in Washington.... it sounds like an amazing event!!! Take some photos for all us girls who aren't so luck to see it ourselves.

Chelle said...

Seriously! I think both Becca's and Courtney
s booths, and all your bright vintage/crafty goodness dearie, go on my list of " things that are even loviler than what you can find at Anthropogie..."and there isn't a whole lot on that list. I can't even tell you how giddy I am for next weekend. And would you be able to pop by sometime Sat. eve for a little bloggy party? Seriously looking forward to hugging your neck again soon.

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

such unbelievable cuteness!!!

shannon said...

These things are so beautiful! LOVE the fabric banners.

Bridget said...

this is a feast for the eyes!

ashley said...

I am loving the bright colors of everything, and can't wait to see those egg cartons filled! What a great idea.

Alecia said...

well, if you haven't seen trisha brink's blog yet today, take a look. looks like your guys' booth was a fav!

http://trishabrinkdesign.blogspot.com/2010/06/do-funky-farm-chicken-funkier-finds-at.html

congrats! i have to go next year.