4.23.2010

fabric flower addiction

Yesterday I became obsessed with making these fabric flowers. I'd been itching to try my hand at a few since they've been forever popular but finally sat down with these templates to get me started. After getting the hang of it, I branched out and started making some more free hand. Soo addictive! Not sure yet what I'll do with all of them, but I have a few ideas swirling around.
Pinned to a cardigan?
Pillows?
Party garland?
Mothers' Day gift?
What do you think?

This week's lucky giveaway winner:

Bridget said...

i REALLY want those. i was JUST going to buy gloves. but i'll wait......i love love love mrs. meyers anything for cleaning. lavender scented preferred. 4/21/10 4:10 PM

Congrats, Bridget! Now you'll have a pair of Julie Meyer gloves to accompany your bottle of Mrs. Meyers' lavendar soap! Please email me with your mailing address + your choice of any pair from Julie's shop!

14 comments:

Jenna Lou said...

The stripes in the center are so lovely!!

Peggy said...

they are all so pretty!

Anonymous said...

stick one on a simple headband - and voila - hair perfection! :)

Nicole Hunt said...

I saw them once at JCrew on flip flops (with a light fabric, like chiffon)-they were adorable but wayyy tooo expensive. I always thought hey I can make that, its way too simple! Thanks for the templates as well as the inspiration!
-Nicole
Heres the link to what it looks like:
http://columbusohioweddingplanner.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/jcrewflipflop1.jpg

Nicole Hunt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Those are gorgeous! So beautiful. I've been thinking I need a new project... this may be just the thing!

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous!

Ashley said...

Cute! I specifically went to the fabric store (and completely lost my three year old for a terrifying 10 minutes) to start making some flowers like this. It's been three weeks and I haven't started. A template is just the thing I need, thanks!

Anonymous said...

love the party garland idea. these are so sweet + lovely.

xo Alison

Sharon Lei said...

Oooo I'll need to try this out!

xx Love & Aloha

**Stop by to enter my Hana Professional Flat Iron Giveaway

bethany said...

Dirty little secret: Your photos alway become my desktop background. This one is no exception. Perfect new spring background :)

Thoughts of these as a garland have me positively drooling... :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your comment Jessica! If you lived in NC I agree...we would do all that and more! I have to say that I've followed your blog for quite some time, but I'm not sure that I've ever commented. "Quite some time" meaning at least since you posted the sweet photo of the ultrasound pic on your belly announcing you were pregnant! My husband's family lives in MN - closer to Fargo, ND. I've learned so much from your blog and always love your resourceful links. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

I love these!! Such a cute idea - thanks for sharing! You're re-inspiring the crafter in me!

On Second Street said...

oh, i have always wanted to try making those flowers. Yours turned out so cute.