4.09.2010

happy birthday baby boy!

I realize that it's been non-stop buzz about a certain birthday bash around here, but still, I cannot believe he is a whole year old today. Mr. G, Monkey Man, spring chicken baby. It's hard to believe you could wiggle your way even deeper into our hearts than the moment we first met you and held the cuddly newborn bundle of you exactly 1 year ago. A jillion diapers, feedings, and sleepless nights later, you are all the more the apple of our eyes.
We did a little first birthday photo shoot at the park for G's birthday invitations a few weeks ago. You can see the rest of the photos here. I really wanted the front of the invite to resemble a Curious George book, but struggled to find a font to match. Apparently George's was hand-illustrated during WWII and no longer exists in font world. Otherwise, I thought they turned out pretty stinkin' cute.

Can't wait to share party pics + an awesome meet the maker giveaway next week.

And now for my exciting announcement. The lucky free photo shoot winner is...

Laura said...My husband and I have been married for almost 3 years now and we don't have many pictures of the two of us. I take a lot of photos of my family members and I never get anyone to take pictures of us...

Congrats! We can't wait to meet you and your hubs, Laura. Can't wait to be in touch and work out the details.

9 comments:

Bluebelle said...

Aww, happy birthday to G! Cute invitations and I hope the party is great!

Leslie said...

blissfull invite.. loved the blog post of all the photos.. but the wagon... and the text blurb is almost too much for me to handle..

love it.
and got something sweet in the mail.. I plan to photograph today.. can you guess what it is??

{eleise} said...

Aw this invite is super cute!

Happy B-day to Mr. G!

(I just added Curious George onesies to my shop the other day! I think he is too cute! =)

Have a great party!

Sharon Lei said...

Awww your little guy is such a sweetie! Isn't it crazy how the first year flys by so fast.. We don't have kids yet, but ALL of friends do... and their children are growing up so quick. I can't wait to have my own one day!

Happy Friday.

xx Love & Aloha

Amanda said...

Curious George is such a cute birthday concept!

Can't believe your sweet G is one-year-old!

Cottage Mommy said...

Happy Birthday to dear sweet Graham! Can't believe it has been a whole year! The party looks too, too cute...can't wait to see pics of that~!

Miss G said...

Adorable! Hope y'all had a super fun party today!! I think you did a great job with that font. I thought it looked like one of the book covers right away. Kelly

casey said...

these are the cutest! and what a fun little photo shoot! great job!

Nikki said...

What a sweet invite! And Graham is darling as ever--happy birthday #1 little man!