12.17.2009

dec. daily {no. 17} holly pins (my take)

Abracadabra. Here's my take on the lovely Martha pins from earlier. {I almost want to take that post down...Honestly, I am embarrassed by the comparison!} I didn't have the same velvet ribbon and puff balls that were used in the magazine, so I just scrounged for some fun buttons + trims that I had on hand. Mine are definitely a bit more scrappy looking. Whether that's a plus or a minus, I'll let you decide. But as Julia Child would say, "never apologize, no excuses." I love that motto--and I believe it translates well from cooking to crafting. BTW, I finally saw Julie + Julia last weekend. Loooved it. Even more charming than I imagined it would be. And even Jeff liked it! Maybe I should write a blog about being a wannabe Martha. Mmm, no thanks.
All in all, I'd say this is a pretty quick + simple project to undertake. Just be sure to stock up on sticks for your hot glue gun! I went through 2, although half of it came out on my fingers.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty! Are these going to be Christmas gifts? I think they are lovely!

best,

Sylvia
PS- I told my mom that I came across a WONDERFUL new sugar cookie recipe by way of blog-land. We can't wait to try them!

Emily Mae said...

I think yours look even better than Martha's, and it's hard to beat Martha! :)

bethany said...

Jess, these are darling...honestly better than Martha's! :) You should sell them in your Etsy shop...because I would definitely, definitely buy one! :) I could try to make my own, but I can guarantee you that would be a complete disaster, and I'd just wind up back here ogling yours and wishing mine looked half as good!

Megan said...

I agree with Emily and Bethany--I like them better than Martha's!

I also made your oreo truffles last night and they are delicious! I unfortunately ran out of almond bark after [oops] burning the first batch I tried to melt, so I have a box sitting in the freezer waiting to be dunked :)

On Second Street said...

I think they turned out beautifully. Waayyyy better than Martha's.

Cassie said...

I agree with all of the above - yours are much better than Marthas.
Look absolutely fab
xx