8.12.2009

something old, something new, something crafty, something blue

Today {8.12} is the perfect day for a little reminiscing, because 3 (count them, three action-packed, wonderful, happy) years ago today, Jeff & I tied the blessed knot. Happy Anniversary, darling husband! God is so good for merging our lives. You are nothing short of perfect for me. I love loving you. And looking back, this is still the happiest day! Oh, to have everyone together again...
I am beefing up this post with a few extra pictures of our day to help celebrate my sweet blogging friend, KT's recent engagement. You see, she is hosting a *something crafty* giveaway before she is given away. She's searching for ideas and inspiration to bring personal, handmade touches to her upcoming wedding and has asked the blog world to chime in with photos and stories from their wedding experiences. So check it out and join the fun!

Planning our wedding was one of the most joyful experiences of my entire life. That year we were engaged, I felt so passionate about making our day a memorable, beautiful reflection of our love for each other, and more importantly, God's love for us. I wanted our event to be very elegant and classic--a pink + green sorta French country marries English garden theme emerged. The summer of 2006, I spent every spare moment cutting paper, hot glue gunning, and tying ribbons. Looking back, I am so grateful for the extra time and love I could pour into our day. To me, it was a simple dream wedding and there are few things I'd change if I could do it all over again.
It has always bothered me that we do not have the original photo jpegs from our photographer. He was a bit old school and we could only order physical prints. So forgive me...All of these pics are just snapshots from our family and friends! We decorated the church pews with 100-something paper cones tied with ribbon and filled with fresh flowers from my grandma's garden. I loved seeing them as I walked down the aisle.
Since our ceremony and reception were a long distance apart, we wanted to serve quick refreshments in between. We held our receiving line in the backyard of the church and set up an icecream social: a pretty table with raspberry lemonade, lime & raspberry sherbet. {Wishing I had more pictures!}Our favors: pretty green pears tied with the phrase "The Perfect Pair : Jeff + Jessica"To dress up the banquet tables, my mom and I made these runners out of pink toille.The cake, glorious cake! White cake with raspberry filling and buttercream and piled with roses to be exact...It was a work of art and made by my friend/bridesmaid Becca in her mom's kitchen just days before our wedding.And ah yes, the cupcake tree. We opted to serve cupcakes in lieu of traditional cake slices. I was a bit disappointed with how the bakery decorated them (gotta love your options in small town Minnesota!), but I think the display turned out lovely, just the same. I can't tell you how much time, doiley pieces, and hot glue my friend Sarah and I invested in that giant piece of cardboard!Our friends+family sent us off through a row of sparklers! {This picture is embarrassing for two reasons: 1. It is smoky and blurry and normally I don't post such horrible pictures. And 2. I am bending over b/c my shoe fell off in front of everyone. Thankfully, Cinderella's story helped me save face. But it was such a great memory, I had to share it anyway!}

17 comments:

Adventures of Supermom said...

What a beautiful dress! Happy anniversary!!!

kt said...

oh Jess I am so glad you have enterted the giveaway. This is seriously one of the sweetest entried yet!

I love the colour theme, the pears, your dress, the milk glasses with flowers (what are they btw?) the ice cream social & the cinderella moment :)

We are also looking at some very cute old churches and I've been thinking of ways to decorate it cutely, I really love the cones with flowers ideas!
Thanks for sharing...

Beautiful Day Jess and happy happy anniversary to you and Jeff.

kt said...

ps. I had no idea my play on the word giveaway how funny lol!

pps."I love loving you" aaaaaw

Shannon said...

I LOVE DIY wedding details! Yours are so so pretty...the cake, the runners, gorgeous!

Katie {My Paisley Apron} said...

Happy Anniversary!! I meant to email you this morning so you'd know we remembered even though you hadn't said anything yet. But you beat me to it. Maybe that little guy getting you up early? :) Anyway, Happy Day to you two!

Anonymous said...

WOW...3 years already!

Happy Anniversary! I hope you celebrate!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I were married 3 years and had our first baby too! Your wedding pics are absolutely gorgeous and I LOVE ALL OF THE PINK!! So jealous...my bridesmaids wouldn't go for it! :( I think the cake is my favorite! Happy 3rd Anniversary to you and your hubby and many, many more blessed years together!!

Leslie said...

ohhh Jess boy did this ever turn out lovely... really really

and weren't you ever the most lovely of brides! :)

Becca said...

Congratulations! Happy anniversary! I just love looking at those pics again. Your wedding was stunning, every detail was so gorgeous! I hope other people are reading this, you are the ultimate wedding planner! You could do a whole other post with the other details- the awesome polaroid guest book- the beautiful board that showed the table assignments-the pretty namecards- the pretty votives that you wrapped ribbon around. The cool jars full of candy- the pretty ribbon topiaries-the names on the table You are going to be a famous wedding planner. You and Jeff will be quite the team. And for total inspiration, I just clicked on swell weddings- I love looking at all the weddings you guys have had your hand in and all the beautiful ideas.

Classic Mully said...

Congrats! I love your wedding decor and ideas- yummy on the raspberry and pink cake! You two are so cute together!

Cottage Mommy said...

Such a gorgeous wedding! Love your dress and the sparkler idea is so fun! Everything was just beautiful!

alyssa said...

Happy anniversary! Hope you're having a wonderful day celebrating!

Susan said...

Jess & Jeff~ Happy Anniversary!
Your wedding was beautiful..every detail...How blessed you both are to have such love for one another and your sweet boy!

I don't know if you remember, but I purchased a few things from your wonderful Etsy shop and wanted to hire Jeff as the photographer for my daughter's wedding last year, but that was when you were on the other side of the country. You're getting closer since the move. Maybe when my third daughter gets married you'll be on the east coast! :) Just thinkin'... ;)

Blessings!

daniella said...

Wow, you were a GORGEOUS bride! Don't know why, but reminds me of Diana Berry's wedding from Anne of Green Gables (this will mean nothing if you haven't seen the movie or read the books :-) Love, love, LOVE the french country/english garden theme. And your dress was simply stunning.

On Second Street said...

so beautiful. I love the pear idea!

manila Property said...

Wow!!! This is a picture of a perfect couple. The picture really tells us how happy you are being a couple. I adore you both. I hope, the relationship and love you had right now will continue until the end. God bless!!!

Katie Henry said...

Jess!! Your wedding looks absolutely beautiful and so do you!! Congrats for you and Jeff on your beautiful baby boy!! God Bless you three!