12.31.2007

no place like it...

I guess it's true--all good things must come to an end. We've landed safely back in Cali now, but yet I still can't stop dreaming of my White Christmas last week in dear Minnesota. I had the most absolutely delightful time being home again in my cozy big blue house with my crazy-cool family, eating Christmas cookies non-stop, playing Guitar Hero on my little bro's Wii, and just plain rejuvenating. My brothers and I even dug out our stringed instruments to play quartet music for the Christmas Eve service at church. It had been over a year since I'd dusted off my viola. Can't even believe I remembered how to play. :) But even better than being together, we got to celebrate Christ our Saviour's humble birth. *The best gift ever!* Oh, how I wish Christmas would come more than once a year!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow. I didn't know people actually lived in houses like that!!! How GORGEOUS! I don't blame you for being homesick. I'm sick over that home!! Can I come next year and just sit and drink some hot chocolate by a frosty window?

smallburst said...

I'm from California and am homesick for a warm holiday. Home is where the heart is. I've got to admit though that it's really nice having a white christmas since I've experienced it first hand since i'm now on the east coast.