8.06.2007

highlight(s) of my day

Please excuse the general lameness of this post's pic! (It is a daunting task to take a flattering picture of yourself when you're me.) Read on, read on...

An interesting development Friday morning at Starbucks: One of the stylists from the diPietro Todd salon across the street came in and asked me if I was available Monday morning to model a coloring during a salon inservice. OF COURSE!!

I felt so glammed out today, for all of the following reasons: 1. My appointment was at their downtown Union Square location. Any excuse to do a little big city window shopping and hang there is so worth it. 2. The salon was crawling with the swankiest fashionistas on the planet. I felt like I was at an In Style mag shoot. Although I did feel slightly out of place wearing my grungy old jeans and dirty Sketchers... 3. My highlights were absolutely 100% free, I love free, it just doesn't get any cheaper than that! 4. I absolutely love how it turned out. 5. I was feelin' nervous about finding a new stylist here in S.F., especially since I hadn't had a haircut since April! I was majorly putting off the hunt for a stylist I loved, so it's a very good thing that she found me. Don't get me wrong, I think that being proactive is a virtue. But maybe, just maybe, good things come to those who do nothing but mind their own business, making coffee at Starbucks. I wish that serendipitous moments like these happened every day...

1 comment:

Chelle said...

You (including your hair) look amazing.

My wish for you: many more serendipitous moments.