6.07.2007

sitting, watching, waiting, wishing

Here I am in my grown-up-shiny-job interview shoes. Love these new navy cuties. I'm still hoping that they'll impress someone, somewhere. We've been in Cali now for officially one week. Truth: Playing the waiting game is a little bit exhausting. Still unemployed. Still homeless. Sick of hearing, "Sorry...the positions have already been filled." We're still optimistic, but we'd still love for you to send some prayers our way!
Meanwhile, we're loving the life at Grandma Dorothy's! Look at this cute pitcher she serves her milk in. It makes the breakfast table look like the cheeriest place on earth. Every time I open the fridge for the rest of the day, I am happy.

This gigantuous and gorgeous rose is in full bloom out on our private guest room patio. I can't believe the plants and flowers out here. Everything is way lush.
We're looking forward to taking a break from job hunting and NCLEX studying this weekend. Can't decide between the beach and the mountains. Whatever we do, I promise to find something to blog home about.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Dear Jeff and Jess.

I am so glad to hear that you made it to CA without any harm.

It is so refreshing to hear that even though you are homeless and jobless you both still have an optimistic view about your lives and God is smiling down at you two.

Keep praying, and God will lift the burden of not having earthly securites off of your lives.

"Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise." -Psalm 48:1