7.08.2011

picket fence gals

Yesterday my super crafty friend Amanda & I took an impromptu mini-road trip to check out the Picket Fence Gals vintage sale in Lindstrom, MN. Lindstrom is the most adorable little Scandinavian town, with a tea kettle water tower and the yummiest little main-street bakery. Right along the main drag, you'll find the Picket Fence Gals are nestled in a big, white, old, and adorable Victorian house. Once a month (Wed-Sun), twenty-something awesome antique vendors pool their goodies and open their doors for a giant sale of vintage items. They are constantly updating their displays and the treasures are all new every month!
I was so excited to spend an afternoon here! So many fresh ideas and finds. I came home kicking myself for not buying a piece or two...All part of the adventure! However, I did not return empty-handed. I could not resist the small minty-green metal tray, children's book with orange illustrations in the inside cover, and this little wooden octopus puzzle (which I doubt is very vintage at all--but cute, nevertheless).
Happy weekend friends! This poor little blog has been on the back burner for far too long! Am planning a little giveaway + some photos of our most recent road trip next week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Lindstrom.. I'll have to check it out sometime. I live in Minneapolis, too!

Jenny said...

I just bought a very similar green metal tray from Hunt and Gather today :)

Lisa said...

Oh wow, the little puzzle is adorable!

Cottage Mommy said...

Love that little green tray! So sad to have missed you last week and a little ironic that we were headed to the place you just came from! Glad you got back safe and sound!

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

That place sounds like heaven! :) I'm loving that mint green tray! Love your blog btw and am following you!

emily-kallista said...

Oh don't you just love days like these? it looks beautiful and sunny and I'm totally smitten with the green tea tray!!