3.29.2011

weekendish

if you've read this blog for any length of time, or know me in real life, you might know that i am an icu nurse by night, and blogger/mama/crafter/photog by day. (and yes, i sleep sometimes too.) sometimes i wonder what life would be like if i could be a stay-at-home mama and spend more time in my creative pursuits. but honesty, its a tremendous privilege to be able to care for someone's critically ill baby and i feel blessed that doing so helps support this little family of ours in return. i work a lot of weekend night shifts, which makes for a pretty topsy-turvy lifestyle. when your day ends, mine is only beginning. and when your week begins, mine is sometimes just ending. i just finished a long stretch of work this weekend and am happy to report that my rendition of a relaxing weekend has just begun...believe it or not, people like me LOVE mondays. (because they feel more like fridays.)

four things i love about this week(endish):
1. a new pair of glittery gold ballet flats.
no more socks
, since i hopefully won't be trudging through snowdrifts anytime soon. it is officially ballet flats, toms, and sandals from here on in. (ok, and the occasional wellies on rainy spring days.) does anyone else hate wearing socks as much as i do?
2. a chance to finally read one thousand gifts (a beautiful friend just sent me my very own copy.) if its anything like its cover, its going to be absolutely wonderful.
3. watching the diving bell and the butterfly. oh my, it is a must-see. i am a huge sucker for french films...it seems like they are always 10x more aesthetic.
4. tossing dinner on the grill for the first time this year. mmm...nothing beats a little charcoal.

what do you love about this week?

11 comments:

Sandra said...

"One Thousand Gifts" is my current reading selection. It is lovely and challenging at the same time. Hope you enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I hate socks. We have snow on the ground but I'm still not wearing them. I also have two little girls who hate socks. That has been a challenge.

I keep hearing about that book. I'd love to hear what you think.

Olivia said...

No wonder we are friends. I HATE socks. I hate them. Sunday I told Matt that I was officially done wearing socks, whether winter was leaving or not.

Goodbye socks! My feet are so much happier now.

I'll have to watch that movie, J'adore les films francais.

bethany said...

I just bought the CUTEST pair of new flats, too! Every spring must be marked with a new pair of flats. I mean, really! :)

I'm with you on the socks. My feet sing when they're in footwear that can be casually slipped off here or there, and enormous, woolly socks don't let to that very easily. :)

Anonymous said...

I hate socks! I'm a sandals girl all the way. I'm weird about my feet being stuck in shoes, though I do love some cute ballet flats every once in a while!

Cottage Mommy said...

I love that I don't have a lot on my agenda this week and that I have days of uninterrupted time (well, in between caring for three kids!) to craft and get ready for F.C.!

Love your ballet flats...I NEVER wear socks in the summer! And half the time in winter I don't wear socks in my shoes either for that matter...I guess I do hate them as much as you!

And I think the fact that you are a nurse caring for sick babies is amazing! I spent a bit of time as a baby and kid in the hospital and being sick and I have such an admiration and appreciation for nurses...you get to profoundly impact someone's life every time you go to work! Not many people can say that!

So I'll sign off my book now and wish you a happy day friend!

shannon said...

I'm with you on the socks! It feels so unnatural. I'm in the market for a fresh pair of Toms now that it's warming up here in SF.. I think it'll be red this year!

I also wanted to point out how impressive it is that you do all you do. Working, raising a kid, AND keeping up with such a lovely blog (and home)! When I learned that you are the same age as me, I was even more in awe.

Holly said...

I also have a "topsy turvey" weekend but I call it the zookeeper's weekend. I love that it's Tuesday and I'm able to enjoy a bright sunny day.

JSchaller said...

Caleb and I saw The Diving Bell & The Butterfly downtown when it came out. It's quite good, I think you'll enjoy it.

And I know what you mean about loving Mondays - I think it's part of the pastor's wife territory, because it's about the closest thing to a day off that Caleb gets! Enjoy your weekend!

Unknown said...

I HATE socks. so glad for spring!

Amanda said...

Yay for no more socks! Welcome spring!!