2.01.2011

why, hello february

Am so glad you've finally come along. January was a toughie and I couldn't be happier to welcome you and all of your sugary, pastel splendor. The afternoons are stretching a little longer and it's already beginning to feel as if we're on a downhill slide to springtime.

In order to properly celebrate your arrival, I made a batch of my all-time favorite Raspberry Chocolate Bars--daintily cut into heart shapes of course. The very best thing about this recipe is that it does not require a full bag of chocolate chips. Gulp. I'll confess to having half-snacked upon bags in my baking cupboard from time to time.

So many things to look forward to this month:
A few birthdays
A very important date with Jeff
A little party
A big surprise
Plus a giveaway tomorrow!

9 comments:

Melinda said...

A big surprise? Hmm...are you preggo? lol. J/K. I am so glad that spring time is upon us too! I am so tired of all this snow! Blah. These treats look delish! :) Hope you have a great day sweetie!

ashley sullivan said...

oh my goodness, i loved this post. february is always a long, tough month but i agree that i notice the light lasting a bit longer in the afternoons. those heart-shaped bars are so perfect... i will have to ring in february with something sweet! looking forward to what's in store this month.

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Mmmm, those look amazing! And just so you know, I have been known to nibble on the chocolate chips in the cupboard from time to time myself...

February is so much better than January, isn't it? Yours sounds like it's shaping up to be fantastic!

Olivia said...

Oh, yes, so glad it's February.

These bars look absolutely delicious, saving the recipe to my must make file.

Shannon said...

Those bars are the best looking thing I've seen in awhile! And I'm excited to hear about your February!

Chelle said...

Oh it sounds to me like it's shaping up to be one sweet month for you...can't wait to try your pretty Raspberry Chocolate Bars, as we have our own half-snacked-on bags of chocolate chips around here. xo

Olivia said...

Made these last night... so yummy, perfect companion to my coffee this morning.

Nikki said...

These bars looked dangerously delicious! I can't wait to try them! I love how you're always so excited about February. :-) Valentine's Day was never an event at all in my family, and Mike and I don't make much of it now, but your February posts always remind me to savor the sweetness of spring-on-the-way.

Cassie said...

I love that you made them into heart shapes and such a pretty photo too.

The days are drawing out here and I think I am finally ready to see Spring.

Love the new blog look too.
xx