2.22.2011

when enough is enough

For anyone who has ever been mislead by the title of this blog--I just want to clarify one thing: Things aren't always sunshine & rosy around here. We just got buried under 15 more inches of snow. I wish I could say that it's a lovely coating over the half-melted banks of icy filthy snow...But we are done falling for its downy white charms and fed up with shoveling. If Old Man Winter had a facebook page, I would unfriend him for sure. And if I had a penny for every flake that fell, I'd quit my job yesterday and share a million dollars with every one of you. No exaggerations. But there are no pennies. Just snow, more snow, and a sad little boy with an epic case of cabin fever who just needs to get outside and run around, unencumbered by 15 pounds of snowsuit. The poor child actually wants to help shovel, but sometimes slips on the ice and refuses to wear his mittens. Hoping the snow will take a cue from Graham and have a major melt down of its own. Soon.

On a happier note: I'm giving away a cute dress and will pick the lucky winner tomorrow!!

9 comments:

Hannah said...

I agree. The snow needs to stop. You pictures, however, are lovely. Oh that little guy! HE is a cutie.

Laura said...

Ah yes...ditto just about everything you said. We took Uriah out yesterday to go sledding (snowsuit and all) and while he had fun (we think), he also slips on the ice and refuses to wear mittens.

Can't wait 'til spring!

Olivia said...

Exactly.

bethany said...

Isn't it soooo depressing? I was foolishly encouraged by our recent thaw...I thought we were done for sure.

How wrong we were. We all deserve tropical vacations for this stunt that's been pulled.

Hang in there. It's nearly March, and then we can (hopefully) begin to dream of puddles and blossoms. :)

Kourtney said...

Oh my... I feel your pain. My little guy (17 months) is in the same boat. In the last few weeks he has turned into a different kid. He is usually happy and full of giggles, now he is crabby pants. He just needs some outside time without snow and freezing temps.

Miss G said...

oh poor Graham boy! and poor mama! Kelly

Melinda said...

Oh, I just love that dress! I need a little 'pick me up' lately! I would love to go out on a date with my hubby, leave my boys with grandma, and venture out to my favorite restaurant. :)

Oh I agree! My 3 1/2 year old has had the worst cabin fever! Last week we had a day of 65 degrees! We headed to the park, so glad we did, because now it is back to snowing and freezing. Uggh. Go away Old Man Winter! Seriously!

{cindy} said...

Hi there,
New here and just popping in to say hi!
We have totally had our fair share of winter and then some. IL is no place to be about now!!
Love your blog...looks like a very colorful and happy place, in spite of the snow!
Have a happy day

On Second Street said...

i love the pics. We have many of Aidan with the same face at that age. I want to make the same face too. I have about had it with winter! It has been too long this year! I went to H & G Saturday and found some geat treasures. And i have April's salemoti on my calendar!