2.09.2011

vintage goodies

Saturday I had a lovely antiquing date at Hunt & Gather with my friend Naphtali. If you're ever in South Minneapolis and you love vintage things, this place is a must-stop. (It's the same place I found that killer granny patio set last summer.) I always marvel at the quality of the collections and displays. There are so many different vendors under one roof, all with their own unique style; it's easy to get lost in this place for hours! Their down-to-earth pricing is just the icing on the cake.

Enough chit-chat. Want to know what I found!?
:A yard of neatly folded plum-checkered fabric, no doubt straight from a little old lady's sewing room.

: Loose pages from old field guides. The hand-painted bird + tree photos are a slice of springtime and make me really happy. I can't wait 'til March rolls around so I can string them from my mantel with mini clothespins.

:A copy of Hans Brinker, The Silver Skates. (Not because it is a classic, but because the spine is the prettiest teal blue and the edges of the pages are the loveliest pink/red. There, I said it. I judge books by their covers. Go ahead, judge me.)

:A rectangular (porcelain?) dentist's tray. It has six compartments that are perfect for the following: a) office supplies b) sewing notions or c) jewelry. I can't seem to decide where I will enjoy it most. I should have bought 3. For the sake of the photo, I set some of my jewelry in it. I'm digging this.

13 comments:

Leslie said...

heart in book pages .. yumm.

and dentist tray.. CUTE...

Kat said...

I like the new look you have here :)
Also, I am jealous of all the antique places and flea markets that the States has. In Canada (well, at least in my city) we don't seem to have as many things like that. And it's much more expensive.

Amanda said...

I love those vintage books with the colored page edges... great finds!

Unknown said...

I am loving the dentist tray...also your jewelry! Sounds like the perfect day!

Cottage Mommy said...

So sweet...love the heart in the book...totallly a tumblr photo! We were oohing and aahing over Becca's letters that spell out her name today..she said she got them at the same place!

Shannon said...

Pretty little finds! That book is just too cute.

Gracie said...

Oh beautiful! The dentist try is a great buy. I would use it for jewellery or my little bits of stationery.

Melinda said...

I can't help but love every post you do. :) I agree - I judge books by covers too. lol. So pretty!

Amanda said...

Thank you for telling us where you went. Next time I have a free weekend, I'm taking my mom and sisters for a little thrifting date :)

I'm glad you are already thinking about spring decorations. I think I need to start too--all I have in my brain is red and pink :)

Anonymous said...

OH I would so love to go to that store. Looks like a fun one. I really like the white tray you found. So many fun ways to use it. I also like the bird prints and can't wait to see how you use them!

shannon said...

The last photo is seriously gorgeous!!! Talk about love.

Miss G said...

love the heart in the book pages! splendid! Kelly

Cassie said...

I am head over heels for that fabric - you lucky lady!
xx