5.13.2010

will walk for teddy grahams

Graham took his first steps this week! In the grand scheme of maternal joys, so far, I'd say witnessing this ranked right up there with hearing his first cry the minute he was born. (And you thought I was sentimental about that 1st birthday cake.) Guess this means our mini man is officially a toddler. He'll be off & running in no time. I will be thankful when he graduates from the school of hard-knocks. He has a giant bruise on his forehead from this whole ordeal. Can't remember if that one is from the coffee table or window sill...

His free-standing moments and few brave steps have been pretty sporadic and short-lived. I will freely admit that catching this on camera required a little snack time bribery.


***
This week's giveaway winner:
ashley said...
I am loving all the tulips I've been seeing. I'm not sure if they're just a May flower, but...
5/10/10 2:59 PM

Congrats, Ashley! Contact me for the deets on claiming your red rosy pin.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! That is a adorable...and nice work on the sign language : )

Megan said...

Oh my goodness! How cute! He does love snacks :)

JSchaller said...

Wow, what a big boy!! Didn't that year fly by?!?

Two words for you: Arnicare Gel. It works wonders on bruises. They are much less ugly and painful if you put it on right away, and as a benefit you don't get questioned by social services when you take your child out in public during this phase of their life!!

I was tempting Allison to walk, but by the time it was Carmen's turn I was pushing her back down!! ;)

Leslie said...

oh Jessica.
well Im lame I teared up to hear your voice...

we have followed each others lives for so long... he is precious.

and gosh I remember those sweet days with Rylan.. of the wobbly walking...

Cades on the other hand... he sat for a long time and just got up and walked... like hed known all along and was just holding out.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I never win anything!


Go Graham!! Their first steps are so exciting! I'm not sure the falling stops anytime soon!

Katie {My Paisley Apron} said...

Yay Graham!!!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Watching your baby walk for the first time is amazing! Get ready to start chasing him around now :)

Miss G said...

really sweet video! I agree with Leslie that it's so neat to hear other's voices after hearing their voices in writing. Yea for Graham! Can't believe that willbe us in about a year. Kelly

bethany said...

Oh my...it appears that Graham and I have a mutual love for teddy grahams. :)

Such a sweet little video...such a sweet little dude. :)

summer said...

oh my goodness! this is the cutest! and how awesome that he knows sign language. wow.

ps. i think it's so cool to hear fellow bloggers' voices!

Aminta said...

OH MY!! So super cute! Quite fitting that Graham would love his Teddy Grahams! Hehe!
Oh, I cannot believe that his is really old enough to walk. So amazing.
Loves to you Jess! And I hope to see you in Spokane! :)

Bryn said...

Oh SO cute!!! And I love the title. Am so looking forward to seeing you!