2.19.2010

i heart spokane

We just arrived home last night after spending a wonderful week in Spokane visiting. With only an empty fridge and a loong weekend at work ahead of me, am feeling a bit deflated after all of the festivities and fun...So allow me to reminisce and share a few of the week's highlights: The above-freezing weather was a great respite from our endless Minnesota winter and merited a trip to the park. G was a fan of the kiddie swing and he didn't mind the overhead drizzle or sharing his seat with a rain puddle one bit. :)
G also logged some serious hours getting spoiled by playing with Oma+Grandad. Lucky ducks.

For heart day, we had a triple date with some of our old couple friends. (Not that any of us are old...but our group dates date back to high school. ) That's right, we all married our high school sweethearts! What's even crazier is that the guys have all been friends since elementary school.Spokane has an amazing thrifting/antiquing scene. I had a chance to check out a bunch of shops + hit an estate sale over the week, but still feel like I have barely scratched the surface there. Am a big fan of vintage treasure hunts. :) Pink pyrex is pretty much my latest fetish. Wish I could've brought this entire display home, but I exercised self-restraint. Will share my actual purchases next week when I get a chance to snap a few pics.And the icing on the cake: I was blessed by the chance to meet some of my precious blogging friends: Courtney, Chantel, Aminta, Becca, Andi, & Chelle. I felt so nervous/excited about meeting all of them in real life for the first time...sort of like a blind date! Having spent an evening with these lovely ladies and their families, my only regret is not living in the same neighborhood as them. They are all even more sparkling and sweet in real life, if that's even possible! Chelle was so kind to host everyone at her house, in the midst of a crazy remodel and just days before moving her family into their new house. The whole experience was so surreal and wonderful. I felt the urge to pinch everyone (including myself) to reaffirm that it was really real! Love you girls!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

so many sweet sweet faces in this post... only a teeny bit jealous....

p.s. friend.. heard so many sweet things about your sweet self from all the girls this week too! :)

summer said...

love that pink pyrex! what a collection, too. i think my mom has one of my grandma's old pink pyrex baking dishes.. she always uses it for jello. cute.

Cassie said...

I don't think I have ever seen pink pyrex - so sweet! I am looking forward to seeing your purchases.
So many blogging friends seem to be meeting up recently - everyone looks such fun!
xx

PS: I have a little giveaway on my blog at the mo - check it out!

Becca said...

It was a blast! I miss you! I e-mailed Jeff about some details. Hope your weekend goes by fast.

frayedattheedge said...

I met two of my blog friends last year (I met one of them when we were on holiday in Australia!) - thye were every bit as nice in person!!

bethany said...

Adore pink pyrex....hope you snagged some!

And how fun! I once met a blogging buddy in real life...sooo fun, and not at all awkward! :)

Andi Mae said...

You heart Spokane, we heart YOU! Would still love to talk you guys into moving here... :) So so awesome to be able to meet you + your sweet family last week! And that pink Pyrex display?? Oh, my goodness! Where in Spokane was that? It is too good to be true! :)
xo

Chantel Monet said...

A little secret.. We we were nervous to meet you too! You really couldn't have been lovelier. And your little Graham, oh I could have snuggled him forever! Do come back soon!! Spokane misses you already!