11.30.2009

dinner : inspired

Am always eager to try new recipes that are both simple and scrumptious. Let me tell you, I have high standards when it comes to both categories, so finding dishes that truly fit the bill is quite a delight. While home visiting last weekend, I swiped my mom's December Real Simple for a little eye candy on our drive home. I flipped to this Cuban Braised Beef recipe yesterday and flipped my crock pot on this morning. Tonight our tastebuds gave this quickie dish rave reviews. In fact, 5 stars, to be exact. Con mucho gusto, am adding it to my permanent recipe records. So if you're feeling a little pressed for time between now and Dec. 25, give this a try. I highly recommend. And its red+green color scheme is a little pre-Christmas bonus. :)

3 comments:

Cassie said...

The colours are amazing. And I LOVE avocado - I could eat them all day (if only not so fattening)!

Sara Christine said...

Oh man, I don't have a slow cooker, but the boyfriend does, so GUESS who gets to make this for me!? :)

bethany said...

I saw this in Real Simple and thought it looked incredible! I opted this weekend to make the Broccoli and Three Cheese Lasagna from the same issue which, Jess, I must tell you is amazing as well! Definitely recommended! :)