7.20.2009

kimberly's shower

This weekend, we threw a basket-themed bridal shower for my soon-to-be sil Kimberly. Our friend Kathy's gorgeous house was the perfect setting for such a girly event. Everything came together so nicely and we had a great turn out! In the invitations, we asked each guest to bring a basket filled with goodies for Kimberly & Ben's new home...Everyone chose their own gift basket theme! The posibilities were limitless--picnic baskets, laundry baskets, kitchen baskets, home organizing baskets, gardening baskets, and well, you gather the idea. My mom and I put together a bedroom basket. We found a large rectangular basket with a lid and filled it with a mattress pad, sheets, candles, champagne, and of course a pretty nightie. So fun!
The invites read: "A tisket, A tasket...Let's shower her with baskets!" I crafted the die-cut heart by weaving two patterned purple papers together and sewing around the edges. Hard to tell in the picture, but the little diamond gem sticker in the center helped snazz them up and finish them off.
To carry on the basket theme, we served fruit pies with lattice crusts a la mode...and one key lime pie for some tasty, summer variety.These flowers came fresh from my mom's garden!
I made up little 4x6 cards for each guest to write a piece of advice for the bride. It could be anything from wedding, to happy marriage, to stain-fighting tips. Some were funny, some were profound, and all were highly entertaining. Am planning to tuck them into a mini photo album with snapshots of the shower and mail it off to Kimberly this week. What a fun day to remember!

4 comments:

Dana said...

Jess, I just love reading your blogs about all your shower ideas! I love the basket idea...making gift baskets is one of my favorite pastimes! I'm going to have to steal this and store it on my party idea shelf!

I also love the words of advice on the notecards. We did that for Tamar's shower and it was so much fun to flip through the photo album full of great or hilariously funny words of advice!

daniella said...

Why can't we be friends in real life too? Have I said this before? Maybe.

Your graciousness and talent radiates in all you do. I adore your creativity.

My daughter's second birthday is coming up and she's OBSESSED with flowers. Do you have any ideas? I'd love to have the party in a garden but it will just have to be in a club house. Thank you!

Katie {My Paisley Apron} said...

That is all so gorgeous!!! I love the baskets idea - makes me wish I was getting married all over again. :)

Kim said...

I love all of the showers you're involved in! So fresh and pretty, and so much better than tacky store bought decorations.