3.21.2009

girly getaway: spa edition

Last weekend, my friend Kayt flew out to visit during her Spring Break. It turned into the ultimate girlfriend pre-baby getaway...So amazing and rejuvenating! All I can say is Marriott points rock {Thanks Terry + Nancy!}. We had a free night's stay at the Marriott resort in Sonoma {translation: gorgeous wine country}......And what are two tired pregnant/grad student girls to do with a little extra spending cash? Visit the spa, of course. I had the most relaxing massage + most needed pedicure. As I've said before, it's tough to reach those big stinky toes with a basketball baby in the way. I'd never been to a real spa before and I was completely blown away by the garden+soaking pools, posh locker room, the fireplaces, the luxurious robes, and oh yeah, the plush chaise lounge chairs. Pretty sure the only thing missing was someone to feed me grapes! We also did plenty of shopping, gabbing, and good food eating. I'm thinking it wouldn't be so bad to be so pampered and carefree like this every Friday-Sunday...Or maybe even once a year? Thanks Kayt, for the best weekend ever!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!! Every woman having a baby should experience that kind of pampering! So glad you got to! The room looks beautiful and ya'll have the cutest feet, especially being pregnant! :D You take care Jessica!

Andi Mae said...

I'm so glad that you got a little weekend away before your little man comes! That spa looks amazing- are those actual photos of your room? Wow!

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

That sounds WONDERFUL! The hotel looked really pretty! Oh how I would love a spa day!

Pen Pen said...

AWW!! Girl weekends are SO fun!!! I'm so jealous!! :)