3.28.2009

le belly {38.5 weeks!}

Believe it or not, it's truly been 9 whole months and this babe is ready to pop any day now! It's so weird to me that we're coming close to the end and a whole crazy new season is about to begin. Words can't even sum up how I'm feeling: Antsy yet hesitant, anxious yet patient, wonderful yet whale-ish, cranky yet elated, and overall ready yet not. I am so ready to remember how it feels to be un-pregnant...To be able to leap off the couch, ride rollercoasters, un-gain 35 lbs, and maybe even wear my old jeans again. But I think I will very much miss feeling a busy boy inside of me. Wild twists, tiny fingers, hiccups, foot in my ribs and all. I will miss Jeff kissing my face and my belly goodnight. We did one last little preggo photoshoot this week to remember this super special time. I know it's a little freaky to see so much belly around here, so I posted the rest of the pics here, in case you're still interested. ;)

I know I'm about to trade in all of the ups+downs of pregnancy for the most amazing little gift life has to offer...but with its own little set of ups+downs. We are completely giddy about meeting the little mister. Wait, that's an understatement. It's crazy how much a little belly can change your life.

Our apartment is completely rearranged and ready for the most important person in the world to arrive. The rocking chair is here, onesies folded, and swing assembled. We are officially birthing class grads--we wrapped up our final class this week. That's a great thing, because I don't know how many more "sharing" sessions and live birth videos Jeff could take! {Err, now he just has to survive the real deal!} I am 85% packed for the hospital. Just need to throw in my slippers+bathrobe+iPod on our way out the door. I'm feeling surprisingly calm about this whole labor thing (for today anyway). It's natural, my body will know just what to do to get this baby out, and worrying will only make my job way harder. I'm going to be just fine, right? Yet I'm having completely irrational fears about my water breaking in public (gasp!). I know it makes no sense.

I just have an inkling that baby is going to wait at least another week or two to make his debut...But I promise, promise, promise to keep you updated!

14 comments:

Leslie said...

I have chills, Im so excited for the both of you. Your world is about to rocked for the absolute better... its an amazing amazing ride, God is so gracious to allow us to love someone that much! Enjoy every single second, of baby boy belly kicks, or baby boy cuddles and coo's, its all so so good!

Anonymous said...

You look so good, especially for 9 months!! You are all baby!! What sweet pics of you and Jeff and your little one! :) God bless you and take care. I'll be looking for pics of his arrival. :)

Katie {My Paisley Apron} said...

You look awesome! I'm amazed that your wedding ring still fits - I looked like a knocked up teenager for the last 8 weeks. :) I am so, so excited for your birth, and I hope it goes smoothly and easily for you. Can't wait to see you in less than a month, with your baby!

Becca said...

Ohh, I'm so excited. Glad to see you got your photo shoot in ;) And Sam is planning on coming with me to visit you, he promised yeah. Maybe we can squeeze one more crafty day in, maybe???

Kayt said...

I'm so happy you put up some pics.. I came on to beg you for one last baby belly photo shoot and you had already read my mind. I am so excited for you and to meet the lil man. Can't wait to see pics of you and him in your rocking chair!

bethany said...

Are you the most beautiful pregnant woman, or what? Goodness sakes! Your little man is bound to be a handsome one :)

So excited for the post that will say, "he's here!"!

Jacy said...

Those are absolutely darling pictures! I am so excited for you as you become a Mother. It's a life changing experience, but I have to say, that when I first experienced it, there were no words to express that kind of love and joy! I just can't wait for the two of you, you guys are going to be such wonderful parents!!
You look so cute, pregnant!
xoxo

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

Beautiful pictures...how exciting! Can't wait to see pictures of the little one!

Miss G said...

You look fantastic!!! Kelly

Amanda said...

I love reading your blog and getting belly updates. I hope everything goes wonderfully...enjoy every moment! Your little guy is already so blessed:)

Jennifer said...

Hey Jess! I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet the little bundle. Speaking of "bundles," I have had your baby gift sitting in my room for quite some time....would you mind sending me your address at jenniferohlmann@gmail.com...maybe I can get it there before he arrives! :-)

Blessings as you wait on HIM and him! :-)

Love ya!
Jennifer

kt said...

So amazing Jess you look lovely.
And I love how Jeff kisses both you AND your belly goodnight.
Praying for an amazingly smooth labour and for god's blessings to be poured upon you guys as you adjust to HAVING YOUR BABY AROUND YOUR HOME :)

And.. I need to mention how much I am adoring all your baby crafts - they look amazing. Partciulary the little booties and the kimono :)

From Sunday to Monday said...

Awe! What a perfect belly...This Sat right?? I am so jealous Becca gets to hold the little guy and I don't!

have a lovely said...

oh how precious parents-to-be ya'll are!!