1.25.2008

experience

Last night Jeff and I headed out to the SFMOMA (Museum of Modern Art). Although modern art is not high on my list, we were lured in by the open late/half price Thursday campaign. I'm always searching for new and inexpensive things to try in the city! I must admit that after the first floor of canvases painted one completely solid color, I was unimpressed; modern art had lived up to all of its stereotypes. Then as we climbed and meandered through the museum, things got more and more intriguing. We especially loved Olafur Elaisson's Take your Time exhibit in which strives to capture art as an experience rather than an object. I had to drag Jeff out of this 360 degree room of changing colors. Very cool. When in SF, the MOMA is definitely worth a shot...And if you're the skeptic, like me, save it for Thursday nights (again, half-price) or the first Tuesday of every month (free)!

No comments: